You are hereNetwork Presentation / Activities of the network
Activities of the network
To meet its objectives, the NanoWal network develops activities based on the three following "pillars":
- every member should have access, through the network, to advices from experts in the field.
- collaboration should be promoted between academic research teams to share large and expensive equipment facilities in order to avoid their multiplication;
- collaborative agreements should also be developed between academic teams and industrial companies to allow the access of research facilities to the industry.
- conferences, seminars, and education programs, based on multi-disciplinarity approaches, should be organised to have a better training of students, scientists, researchers, and industrials,
- actions should be taken to promote knowledge transfer to the Wallonia industry.
Up to now, the network realized the following actions:
- Since 2003, six thematic workshops, "NanoWal Days", were organized on various subjects. These workshops are presented in the "Events ---> NanoWal Days" tab of the menu.
- Under the impulse of NanoWal members a doctoral school was created: the FRS-FNRS Graduate School on Science and Engineering of Materials, Interfaces, and Nanostructures, MAIN.
- Thanks to collaborations between severals research groups of the network, the clean-room facilities were completed renewed. The Wallonia Infrastructure for Nano Fabrication, WINFAB, was officially inaugurated in the presence of Mrs Marie-Dominique SIMONET, Minister for Research and New Technologies at the Wallonia Region.
- Since September 2008, and also under the impulse of the members of NanoWal, an Inter-university Master in Nanotechnologies has been created.
NanoWal was present on the AWEX booths at the
- NSTI NanoTech 2006 Conference and Trade Show in Boston in May 2006
- NanoTech 2007 Conference and Trade Show in Tokyo in February 2007
NSTI NanoTech 2009 Conference and Trade Show in Houston in May 2009
NanoTech 2010 Conference and Trade Show in Tokyo in February 2010